Treatments for Asthma
An asthma action plan is made. It is used to help people control asthma and handle asthma attacks. Medicine and lifestyle changes are part of the plan. The goals of the plan are to:
- Ease acute symptoms and prevent problems, such as infections
- Ease inflammation
- Remove or control triggers
- Prevent future attacks
- Maintain quality of life
Treatment may be:
- Acute asthma exacerbation in children. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/acute-asthma-exacerbation-in-children. Accessed May 9, 2022.
- Asthma exacerbation in adults and adolescents. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/asthma-exacerbation-in-adults-and-adolescents. Accessed May 9, 2022.
- Asthma in adults and adolescents. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/asthma-in-adults-and-adolescents. Accessed May 9, 2022.
- Asthma treatment. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America website. Available at: https://www.aafa.org/asthma-treatment. Accessed May 9, 2022.
- Chronic asthma in children. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/chronic-asthma-in-children. Accessed May 9, 2022.
- 2022 Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) global strategy for asthma management and prevention. Aavilable at: https://ginasthma.org/gina-reports. Accessed May 9, 2022.
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.